Caltech Surveys is now hiring! No experience required!
We have an opening for a Survey Assistant in the Weyburn, SK area to work on well site and pipeline surveys. If you are motivated by success, career growth potential and a great team, we encourage you to apply today!
We are owned and ran by professional land surveyors and project managers who are passionate about providing industry-leading service. Our company has grown from just 2 people in 1990, to a large and diverse group of over 140 hardworking professionals.
We offer a challenging and rewarding workplace! For us work-life balance means working hard and playing hard; our clients and our people are our focus. We use the most current technology and have made professional development a key part of our strategic plan.
What will you be doing?
- Assisting the Party Chief in conducting land surveys in accordance with appropriate survey legislation and practices
- Operating survey instruments, GPS and computer
- Recording measurement and other information obtained during the field survey activities
- Assisting in the determination of precise geographic locations with GPS equipment
- Digging holes and clear brush from sightlines
- Operating ATVs, UTV, snowmobile, company truck, jackhammer, pipe locators
- Setting up worksites
- General equipment maintenance
- Participation in Caltech Survey Ltd.’s health and safety program
- Other duties as required
- Primarily work in the field in all weather conditions, ranging from -50C to +40C
- Frequently travel (driving) long-distances and spend time in hotels.
- Constantly balance, climb, and walk on uneven ground and terrain.
- Frequently bend, reach, lift, push, pull, walk, stand with items up to 20-50 lbs
- Operate ATV/UTV/Snowmobile
- Frequently use arm strength to pound in markers/pins/stakes/post.
- Frequent exposure to loud noises
- Work overtime as required based on workload.
What do you need to be successful?
- Grade 12 diploma OR diploma in Geomatics
- Ability to meet the working conditions listed above
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong commitment to excellence and attention to detail
- Willing and able to learn new processes and procedures
- Flexibility in adapting to a wide variety of tasks and functions
- Experience in legal surveys for the petroleum industry
- Working knowledge of GPS, total stations and survey data collection in the field
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Valid driver’s license
- Acceptable driver’s abstract per company policy
- Maintain valid safety tickets and essential certifications
- Ability to pass drug and alcohol testing as required to access work sites
Please forward your resume to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to establishing and maintain a diverse and inclusive workplace, particularly for those who have been historically excluded from and underrepresented in the workplace. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including indigenous peoples, persons of color, persons with disabilities, women in under-represented roles, 2SLGBTQ+ persons, and all groups protected by the Human Rights Code.