Caltech Surveys Ltd. is run by surveyors and project managers who are passionate about providing accurate and professional service. Our company has grown from just 2 people in 1990, to a large and diverse group of hardworking professionals. We offer a challenging and rewarding workplace, and provide excellent pay, a generous bonus structure, a comprehensive benefits package and many opportunities for growth. We understand work / life balance and push ourselves to create strong teams that can take on any project. We use the most current technology and we have made professional career development a key part of our strategic plan. If you are motivated by success, career growth potential and a great team, we encourage you to apply today!
The Plan Checker / Geomatics Technician is responsible for the quality assurance & quality control of the Survey Plans received from the CAD department. Plan checkers are responsible for ensuring Plans are correct and that they conform to Caltech’s high internal standards, Federal, Provincial & Municipal regulations, industry licensing requirements and Land Titles registration requirements. In addition, they need to verify that Plans have all the required information on them in order to meet client needs/requests.
Responsibilities / Job Duties:
– Ensure overall quality assurance & quality control of Plans;
– Review Plans for completeness & accuracy using Caltech & industry standards of practice; including applicable provincial land surveying Acts, Manual of Standard Practice & industry licensing requirements;
– Conduct calculations & comparisons to ensure Plan numerical information is correct and that data is based on the correct governing evidence assessment;
– Note errors & omissions on the Plans and note modifications;
– Ensure survey data processing was done correctly;
– Review titles & all title documents; check with appropriate land titles and/or crown Public Land Standing Report;
– Communicate with Field Crew and / or Project Manager to verify information;
– Complete the Plan Checker Checklist;
– Maintain familiarity with current survey & checking techniques, as well as maintain current knowledge of legislation and codes and suggest updates to quality control checklists as needed;
– Other duties are required.
– Diploma in Geomatics Technology, OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
– Working knowledge of AutoCAD & / or Microsurvey coordinate calculation software.
– Active participation in Caltech Survey Ltd.’s health and safety program.
– Strong commitment to excellence, attention to detail and time management.
– Experience with wellsite and pipeline surveys for the oil & gas industry.
– Familiarity with pipeline project CAD products such as legal survey plans, construction survey plans & as-built data.
– An understanding of the requirements for plan submissions to Provincial and Federal Regulatory bodies.
Conditions of Employment:
Participate in training on technology and methodology
Obtain and maintain valid essential certifications
Provide copy of acceptable educational credentials (Diploma in Geomatics Technology) or demonstrate equivalent experience (minimum 3 years’ prior experience in a similar role).
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- AutoCAD: 1 year (preferred)
- Drafting: 1 year (preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings
- Please click HERE to apply for this position
We thank all applicants, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.