Caltech is owned and run by professional land surveyors and project managers passionate about providing industry-leading service. Our company has grown from just two people in 1990 to a large and diverse group of over 150 hardworking innovators who continually strive to be better. While we pride ourselves on using some of the latest and best technology and software, it is our people who enable us to complete projects to the highest standard of excellence our customers expect.
Here’s your chance to be a part of our dynamic and collaborative team! We offer a challenging and rewarding workplace, the opportunity for professional development, competitive compensation, a loaded benefits package, and extensive safety training.
Locations: Calgary, Airdrie, Red Deer, Drayton Valley, Edmonton – and all other surrounding areas!
What will you be doing?
As a Survey Party Chief, you will have the autonomy to run a field crew and perform field survey work on exciting projects in the construction, pipeline, oil and gas, land development and legal land surveying industries. Your duties will include:
- Manage and perform field survey work with the help of Survey Assistants
- Liaise with Project Managers and clients to coordinate field survey work, to review and manage project budgets, timeline requirements, priorities and survey methodology;
- Provide guidance, leadership and mentorship to Survey Assistants;
- Act as a company representative, liaising directly with client field representatives, landowners and other stakeholders;
- Prepare and communicate field notes, sketches, checklists and digital data in required formats for Project Managers, Land Surveyors and Drafting personnel;
- Participating in Caltech Survey Ltd.’s health and safety program, including COVID-19 mitigation policies
- Other duties are required.
What do you need to be successful?
- Postsecondary degree related to surveying and geomatics OR demonstrate an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Willingness to work in the field in all weather conditions.
- Willingness to travel extensively and frequently, when necessary
- Ability to pass drug and alcohol testing as required to access work sites.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, dedication to customer service and the ability to motivate, develop, train and coach survey staff.
- Strong commitment to excellence, attention to detail and time management.
- Ability to pass drug and alcohol testing as needed to access work sites
- Maintain current drivers’ license and acceptable driver’s abstract as per company policy
- Experience with the use of ATVs/UTVs, snowmobiles and chainsaws.
- Mechanically inclined
- Experience in line location and legal surveys for the petroleum industry.
- Knowledge and experience using Trimble equipment and software, RTK GPS and line locating.
Click HERE to apply! Send us a copy of your resume and let’s chat.
We are committed to establishing and maintain a diverse and inclusive workplace, particularly for those who have been historically excluded from and underrepresented in the workplace. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including indigenous peoples, persons of color, persons with disabilities, women in under-represented roles, 2SLGBTQ+ persons, and all groups protected by the Human Rights Code.