Caltech Surveys is on the lookout for a strategic Human Resources Manager to align the objectives of the business with the people and culture strategy. The ideal candidate will be a catalyst for our culture, has a successful record of growing people and the ability to influence and drive change.
This is a 12-18-month term position.
- Function as a trusted advisor to the leadership team and assist in talent planning strategies
- Create a competitive employment brand for Caltech that attracts and retains the best talent
- Analyze metrics and propose strategies to improve employee engagement, productivity, and retention
- Build a forward-thinking performance management process that promotes excellence and drives ongoing, multi-directional feedback
- Lead teams and individuals through difficult situations, employee relations, and performance management issues
- Assist leaders, managers and high-potential employees in developing leadership capabilities and skills; set up training, mentorship opportunities and ongoing development programs
- Keep a pulse on the most innovative people practices
- Develop and implement Human Resources policies and practices by researching current trends, adhering to Labour Law requirements in SK, AB, BC and MB to ensure equity among employees and promote growth.
- Administer benefits and compensation policies
- Work closely with the Health, Safety and Environment Manager to support the health and safety program while consistently taking proactive preventative measures
- Manage bi-weekly payroll function and performing year-end payroll requirements
- Investigate and enhance our new employee onboarding process
- 5+ years of progressive HR / People leadership experience preferably in the tech industry or an organization with a strong reputation for industry-leading HR practices
- Passion for exceptional talent acquisition and talent management strategies
- Proven experience working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Compassionate with a deep interest in contributing to the success of others
- Clear, honest and direct communicator
- University degree or related experience in a related discipline (i.e. Labour/Industrial Relations, Sociology, Business Administration)
- Certificate in Human Resources Management
- Human Resources Designation is an asset
Caltech Surveys is committed to an inclusive workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including those who self-identify as women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, individuals of diverse gender and sexual orientation, and all groups protected by the Human Rights Code.
Caltech Surveys is also committed to developing a barrier-free interview and selection process that encourages those who require accommodation to apply. If you require accommodation in relation to a job opportunity or testing, please advise as soon as you are asked to attend an interview. Caltech Surveys will enact reasonable accommodation measures so you will be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
- Please click HERE to apply for this position
- We retain all applications (in confidence) for a minimum of 1 year.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.