Caltech Surveys Ltd. is run by surveyors and project managers who are passionate about providing accurate and professional service. Our company has grown from just 2 people in 1990, to a large and diverse group of hardworking professionals. We offer a challenging and rewarding workplace, and provide excellent pay, a generous bonus structure, a comprehensive benefits package and many opportunities for growth. We understand work / life balance and push ourselves to create strong teams that can take on any project. We use the most current technology and we have made professional career development a key part of our strategic plan. If you are motivated by success, career growth potential and a great team, we encourage you to apply today!
The GIS Technician is responsible for mapping and GIS related tasks including the capture, management, analysis, manipulation and presentation of GIS data and mapping.
Other responsibilities include documentation and ensuring data meets quality control specifications.
We are looking for a team member to assist in the production of various mapping products. Projects include wellsite, pipeline, unity, infrastructure, and land development products.
- Spatial data management, analysis, reporting, and presentation of GIS data and mapping products;
- Manage, translate, and maintain complex survey/geographic digital data sets;
- Edit and structure survey data for submission to GIS databases;
- Create GIS standards and documentation;
- Produce application mapping products;
- Other duties as required.
- College technical diploma or a degree in GIS, surveying, geomatics or mapping.
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in a GIS setting
- Strong working knowledge and experience with ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro, and AutoCAD.
- Experience with QGIS, Global Mapper and FME an asset.
- Strong cartographic and mapping knowledge.
- Strong computer and file management skills.
- Strong knowledge of map production and automation.
- Strong commitment to excellence, integrity, attention to detail, and time management.
- Active participation in Caltech Survey Ltd.’s health and safety program.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings
- Please click HERE to apply for this position
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.