Caltech Surveys Ltd. is run by surveyors and project managers who are passionate about providing accurate and professional service. Our company has grown from just 2 people in 1990, to a large and diverse group of hardworking professionals. We offer a challenging and rewarding workplace, and provide excellent pay, a generous bonus structure, a comprehensive benefits package and many opportunities for growth. We understand work / life balance and push ourselves to create strong teams that can take on any project. We use the most current technology and we have made professional career development a key part of our strategic plan. If you are motivated by success, career growth potential and a great team, we encourage you to apply today!
The CAD Technician is responsible for the development and preparation of survey drawings including well sites, subdivisions, pipelines, individual ownership, and crossing plans.
- Interpret field notes, sketches, legal plans, air photos, and digital data
- Complete survey computations including GPS, conventional data processing and calculations necessary for establishing legal boundaries and construction layouts
- Operate computer-assisted design (CAD) and drafting workstations
- Prepare plans to be submitted to the Land Registry Office and Sustainable Resources Development
- Complete documentation packages and produce drawing sets
- Complete general mapping and drafting duties including CAD and ArcGIS mapping
- Ensure drafting standards, procedures, overall data quality, and integrity are met
- Complete first office checks of all existing and proposed wells, pipelines, legals, etc by using government sites such as ISC and IRIS
- Ensure everything required of the field survey has been completed and is correct. Contact with field crews for missing sightlines, field conditions, etc
- Completion of the Geomatics diploma program / Engineering Design and Drafting Technology diploma and/or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3-D and/or Microsurvey coordinate calculation software;
- Experience with processing survey data (Trimble preferably)
- Active participation in Caltech Survey Ltd.’s health and safety program
- Have the ability to identify and set priorities and possess effective time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong commitment to excellence, attention to detail and professional development
- 2 – 5 years’ experience drafting or mapping legal plans and oil and gas plans (Intermediate CAD Technician), 5+ years experience (Senior CAD Technician)
- Experience with ESRI ArcGIS Software
- Understanding of Western Canada Township setup (DLS)
- Understanding of field survey and traversing
- Prior field experience
- An understanding of the requirements for plan submissions to ISC and/or Sustainable Resource Development
Conditions of Employment:
- Participate in training on technology and methodology
- Obtain and maintain valid essential requirements
- Provide a copy of Geomatics diploma or demonstrate a minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar role
- Production Manager to ensure data is entered correctly.
- Field Crews regarding questions related to the plans
- Safety Manager in regards to any safety-related concerns or incidents.
- Production Manager of any major issues with plans, documents, calculations or equipment.
- Constant office work
- Frequent sitting at a desk
- Occasional lifting, pushing, pulling, walking, standing with items up to 20 lbs
- Frequent exposure to computers and other standard office equipment
- Frequent use of memory
- Frequent exposure to stressful situations and competing priorities
- Constant communication (spoken, written, reading)
- Manual dexterity required to use computer and peripherals
- Overtime may be required based on workload
- Please click HERE to apply for this position
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.