Caltech Surveys is a professional land surveying company providing services in the oil & gas industry for over 25 years. With offices stretched across Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia, our experienced staff provide exceptional service, guiding our clients through projects from the planning to construction stages.
We are looking for a Commissioned Land Surveyor to join our team in Virden, Manitoba. This individual will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, and final completion of specific projects related to surveying and mapping. This position is responsible for ensuring that every project is consistent with Caltech Survey’s commitments, goals, and strategies, as well as strict adherence to all applicable laws, standards, legislation, and regulations.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Working in a team environment to establish project scope, budget and schedule
- Overseeing the development of survey plans, methods and procedures for conducting land surveys
- Certifying survey drawings
- Leading the planning, implementation, supervision, direction, and control of individual projects
- Completing project evaluations and assessment of results
- Ensuring timely and accurate invoicing
- Ensuring the quality assurance and quality control of all products and deliverables
- Providing direction and support to the project team
- Developing strong client relations and working with the Business Development Manager to secure new clients and increase work with existing clients
- Other duties as assigned
- Registered, or eligible for registration as a Provincial or Federal Land Surveyor (MLS, CLS)
- Bachelor’s degree in geomatics engineering or survey engineering; or a college diploma in survey science or geomatics technology
- Strong business presence – excellent work ethic, flexibility, resourcefulness, maturity and sound judgement
- Good communication skills (interpersonal and written)
- Strong analytical, mathematical and computer operating skills
- Excellent time management skills, including the ability to manage multiple clients at one time and leada high performing team
- Experience with wellsite and pipeline surveys for the oil & gas industry
What We Offer
Caltech Surveys offers a friendly, challenging and rewarding work environment, along with the opportunity to the latest technologies on a wide variety of projects. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please click HERE to apply for this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.