Caltech has an opening for a Survey Assistant working out of Maple Creek, Saskatchewan on well site and pipeline surveys throughout Saskatchewan.
Candidates must have a valid drivers’ license. Candidates must be able to pass drug and alcohol testing as required to access work sites.
Preference will be given to those candidates with experience and safety certification (example: First Aid/CPR, H2S Alive, PST, ATV Training), but neither is required.
Candidates must be willing to travel and spend time out of town, as well as work outdoors for extended periods of time. Must be willing to work longer days, and some weekends.
– assisting survey party chief on wellsite and pipeline surveys
– placing iron posts with sledge hammer
– digging holes
– operating ATVs, GPS equipment, pipe locators
– marking wellsites and pipelines with wood stakes
– other duties as required
Qualifications that would be an asset include:
• Experience with ATVs
• Willingness to travel and work on the road
• Excellent communication skills with the right attitude and a desire to excel
• A working knowledge of RTK GPS, total stations and survey data
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Must be physically able to perform the requirements of the job and be willing to work in all types of weather conditions
• Applicable safety tickets
Caltech Surveys has a proven history of growth and opportunity in a fast paced yet flexible work environment. We offer a competitive wage and fully paid benefit plan. We’ll look after you and you’ll help us continue to be an industry leader with our “find a way” commitment to serving the petroleum industry throughout Saskatchewan. Join our team!
Click HERE to apply for this position.
Thank you to everyone who applies but only candidates selected for interviews will be notified.