Caltech Surveys Ltd. is run by surveyors and project managers who are passionate about providing accurate and professional service. Our company has grown from just 2 people in 1990 to a large and diverse group of hardworking professionals. We offer a challenging and rewarding workplace and provide excellent pay, a generous bonus structure, a comprehensive benefits package and many opportunities for growth. We understand work/life balance and push ourselves to create strong teams that can take on any project. We use the most current technology and we have made professional career development a key part of our strategic plan. If you are motivated by success, career growth potential, and a great team, we encourage you to apply today!
As a Survey Assistant, your role would be to assist the Party Chief in conducting land surveys in accordance with appropriate survey legislation and practices.
- Operate survey instruments, GPS and computer;
- Record measurement and other information obtained during the field survey activities;
- Assist in the determination of precise geographic locations with GPS equipment;
- Place iron posts with a sledgehammer;
- Dig holes and clear brush from sightlines;
- Operate ATVs, company truck, pipe locators;
- Set up worksites;
- Mark well sites and pipelines with wood stakes;
- General equipment maintenance;
- Other duties as required.
- Grade 12 diploma;
- Can frequently lift and carry items up to 50 lbs;
- Willing and able to work outside in the field in all weather conditions;
- Willing and able to travel extensively and be away from home frequently;
- Must be willing to work longer days, and some weekends;
- Must be able to pass drug and alcohol testing as required to access work sites;
- Actively participate in Caltech Survey Ltd.’s health and safety program;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Strong commitment to excellence and attention to detail;
- Ability to learn new processes and procedures easily;
- Demonstrated flexibility in adapting to a wide variety of tasks and functions.
- Diploma in Geomatics;
- Experience in legal surveys for the petroleum industry;
- Working knowledge of GPS, total stations and survey data collection in the field.
- H2S Alive – three-year expiry (In-Class)
- Standard First Aid – three-year expiry (In-Class)
- Ground Disturbance Level II – three-year expiry
- WHMIS2015 – three-year expiry
- TDG – three-year expiry
- ATV Safe Rider Course – three-year expiry (In-Class)
- CSTS – no expiry
- eGSO – no expiry
- HSE Orientation
- Wildlife Awareness (Bush Crews only)
- Client Orientations
Conditions of Employment:
- Valid driver’s license;
- Acceptable driver’s abstract per company policy;
- Participate in training on technology and methodology;
- Obtain and maintain valid safety tickets & essential certifications;
- Grade 12 diploma OR diploma in Geomatics.
Please click HERE to apply for this position
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.