Caltech Surveys is a vibrant company that has been operating in Western Canada since 1990 servicing the Oil and Gas industry. Part of our business involves ensuring that our client’s needs are covered through GIS data and mapping services and products.
We are currently seeking an individual to fill the role of GIS Technician that will complement our team and be able to contribute to our forward vision. This position could be filled in Regina, SK; Calgary, AB; or Fort St. John, B.C.
The GIS Technician is responsible for mapping and GIS related tasks including the management, analysis, (appropriate) manipulation and presentation of GIS data and mapping. This team member will assist in the production of mapping products to help facilitate an array of projects, including wellsite and pipelines, utility and infrastructure, and land development.
– Spatial data management, analysis, reporting and presentation of GIS data and mapping products
– Manage, translate, and maintain complex survey/geographic digital data sets
– Edit and structure survey data for submission to GIS databases
– Communicate with Field Crew and / or Project Manager to verify information
– Produce application mapping products for the British Columbia Oil and Gas Commission
– Other duties are required
– College technical diploma or a degree in GIS or mapping
– Strong working knowledge and experience with ArcGIS
– Experience with AutoCAD, ArcGIS model builder, and FME
– Strong computer skills
– Strong knowledge of map production and automation
– Strong cartographic skills and attention to detail
– Strong commitment to excellence, attention to detail and time management
Caltech Surveys is an equal opportunity employer with a proven history of growth and opportunity in a fast-paced yet flexible work environment. We offer a competitive wage and benefit plan. We’ll look after you and you’ll help us continue to be an industry leader with our “find a way” commitment to serving the petroleum industry throughout Western Canada.
Please click HERE to apply for this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.