Survey Party Chief
Are you an enthusiastic and experienced Survey Party Chief looking to become part of a vibrant land surveying company? Do you enjoy the challenge of working as part of a fast paced, client focused team?
We are currently looking for field individuals to add to our Alberta team in the Red Deer area (Red Deer/Rock Mountain House/Drayton Valley). This position will be required to be away from home at extended periods as well as work extended hours from time to time.
– Manage and perform field survey work with the help of Survey Assistants
– Liaise with Project Managers to coordinate field survey work, to review and manage project budgets, timeline requirements, priorities and survey methodology
– Provide guidance, leadership and mentorship to Survey Assistants working with you
– Act as a company representative, liaising directly with client field representatives and land owners
– Prepare and communicate field notes, sketches, checklists and digital data in required formats for Project Managers, Land Surveyors and Drafting personnel
– Actively participate in and proactively support the advancement of the Caltech Surveys safety program
– Diploma in Geomatics Technology or equivalent.
– 3-5 years’ experience with legal, construction or oil and gas related surveys.
– Working knowledge of RTK GPS and conventional survey methods.
– A keen attention to detail.
– Excellent communication and organizational skills.
– A positive attitude and a desire to exceed client expectations.
– Willingness to work outdoors and travel if required. Comfortable with staying in hotels and camp, if necessary.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.