Caltech Surveys Ltd. is currently seeking an experienced Survey Assistant based in the area of Edson, Alberta or Whitecourt, Alberta.
As a Survey Assistant you will work on wellsite and pipeline surveys, assisting the Survey Party Chief.
Candidates must have a valid driver’s license and be able to pass drug and alcohol testing as required to access worksites.
Preference will be given to those candidates with experience and safety certification (example: First Aid/CPR, H2S Alive, PST, ATV Training), but neither is required.
Candidates must be willing to travel and spend time out of town, as well as work outdoors for extended periods of time. Must be willing to work longer days, and some weekends, and may be away from home for weeks at a time as required.
– assisting survey party chief on wellsite and pipeline surveys
– placing iron posts with sledge hammer
– digging holes
– operating ATVs, GPS equipment, pipe locators
– marking wellsites and pipelines with wood stakes
– other duties as required
Qualifications that would be an asset include:
• Experience with ATVs
• Willingness to travel and work on the road
• Excellent communication skills with the right attitude and a desire to excel
• A working knowledge of RTK GPS, total stations and survey data
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Must be physically able to perform the requirements of the job and be willing to work in all types of weather conditions
• Applicable safety tickets
Caltech Surveys Ltd. provides competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package.
Please click HERE to apply for this position.
We thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.