Caltech Surveys Ltd. is run by surveyors and project managers who are passionate about providing accurate and professional service. Our company has grown from just 2 people in 1990, to a large and diverse group of hardworking professionals. We offer a challenging and rewarding workplace, and provide excellent pay, a generous bonus structure, a comprehensive benefits package and many opportunities for growth. We understand work / life balance and push ourselves to create strong teams that can take on any project. We use the most current technology and we have made professional career development a key part of our strategic plan. If you are motivated by success, career growth potential and a great team, we encourage you to apply today!
The Alberta Land Surveyor will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, and final completion of specific projects related to surveying and mapping. This position is responsible for ensuring that every project is consistent with Caltech Survey Ltd.’s commitments, goals, and strategies, as well as strict adherence to all applicable laws, standards, legislation, and regulations.
- Plan, schedule and manage project timelines;
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools;
- Ensure that appropriate margins are maintained, project by project and client by client;
- Define project tasks and resource requirements;
- Oversee the development of survey plans, methods, and procedures for conducting land surveys;
- Certify survey drawings;
- Ensure timely and accurate invoicing;
- Manage project resource allocation;
- Provide direction and support to project team;
- Ensure the quality assurance and quality control of end results;
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs and success;
- Complete project evaluations and assessment of results;
- Develop strong client relations and work with the Business Development Manager to secure new clients and increase work with existing clients;
- Lead the planning, implementation, supervision, direction, and control of individual projects;
- Promote the Caltech Surveys Ltd.’s vision, mission, and values;
- Align work with our company’s Strategic plan;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in geomatics engineering or survey engineering OR a college diploma in survey science or geomatics technology;
- Registered or eligible for registration as a Provincial or Federal Land Surveyor (ALS, CLS);
- Strong computer skills, especially in Word and Excel;
- Strong business presence – excellent work ethic, flexibility, resourcefulness, maturity, and sound judgment;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Excellent time management skills, including the ability to manage multiple clients at one time and lead a high performing team;
- Active participation and support of Caltech Survey Ltd.’s health and safety program.
- Experience with wellsite and pipeline surveys for the oil & gas industry.
Please click HERE to apply for this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.