Caltech Surveys Ltd. has an opening for a Survey Assistant based in Swift Current, Saskatchewan. As a survey assistant you will work on wellsite and pipeline surveys.
Candidates must have a valid driver’s license. Candidates must be able to pass drug and alcohol testing as required to access work sites. Please note this is a safety sensitive position.
Preference will be given to those candidates with experience and safety certification (example: First Aid/CPR, H2S Alive, PST, ATV Training), but neither is required.
Candidates must be willing to travel and spend time out of town, as well as work outdoors for extended periods of time. Must be willing to work longer days, and some weekends.
– assisting survey party chief on wellsite and pipeline surveys
– placing iron posts with sledge hammer
– digging holes
– operating ATVs, GPS equipment, pipe locators
– marking wellsites and pipelines with wood stakes
– other duties as required
Qualifications that would be an asset include:
• Experience with ATVs
• Willingness to travel and work on the road
• Excellent communication skills with the right attitude and a desire to excel
• A working knowledge of RTK GPS, total stations and survey data
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Must be physically able to perform the requirements of the job and be willing to work in all types of weather conditions
• Applicable safety tickets
Caltech Surveys provides competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package.
Click HERE to apply for this position.
Thank you to all who apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.