Caltech Surveys Ltd. is run by surveyors and project managers who are passionate about providing accurate and professional service. Our company has grown from just 2 people in 1990, to a large and diverse group of hardworking professionals. We offer a challenging and rewarding workplace, and provide excellent pay, a generous bonus structure, a comprehensive benefits package and many opportunities for growth. We understand work / life balance and push ourselves to create strong teams that can take on any project. We use the most current technology and we have made professional career development a key part of our strategic plan. If you are motivated by success, career growth potential and a great team, we encourage you to apply today!
As a Survey Assistant your role would be to assist the Party Chief in conducting land surveys in accordance with appropriate survey legislation and practices.
- Operate survey instruments, GPS and computer;
- Record measurement and other information obtained during the field survey activities;
- Assist in the determination of precise geographic locations with GPS equipment;
- Place iron posts with sledge hammer;
- Dig holes and clear brush from sightlines;
- Operate ATVs, company truck, pipe locators;
- Set up worksites;
- Mark wellsites and pipelines with wood stakes;
- General equipment maintenance;
- Other duties as required.
- Grade 12 diploma;
- Can frequently lift and carry items up to 50 lbs;
- Willing and able to work outside in the field in all weather conditions;
- Willing and able to travel extensively and be away from home frequently;
- Must be willing to work longer days, and some weekends;
- Must be able to pass drug and alcohol testing as required to access work sites;
- Actively participate in Caltech Survey Ltd.’s health and safety program;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Strong commitment to excellence and attention to detail;
- Ability to learn new processes and procedures easily;
- Demonstrated flexibility in adapting to a wide variety of tasks and functions.
- Diploma in Geomatics;
- Experience in legal surveys for the petroleum industry;
- Working knowledge of GPS, total stations and survey data collection in the field;
- Certification in First Aid/CPR, H2S Alive, PST, ATV Training.
Conditions of Employment:
- Valid driver’s license;
- Acceptable driver’s abstract per company policy;
- Able to obtain all applicable safety tickets upon onboarding;
- Pre-employment and site specific drug and alcohol testing as required.
Click HERE to apply for this position.
Thank you to everyone who applies but only candidates selected for interviews will be notified.