Caltech Group Ltd. is run by surveyors and project managers who are passionate about providing accurate and professional service. Our company has grown from just 2 people in 1990 to a large and diverse group of hardworking professionals. We offer a challenging and rewarding workplace and provide excellent pay, a generous bonus structure, a comprehensive benefits package and many opportunities for growth. We understand work/life balance and push ourselves to create strong teams that can take on any project.
As the Quality Control – Geomatics Technologist you will be responsible for the quality control of the data received from Survey field crews. This position is responsible for verifying that the data received conforms to industry and internal quality standards, that equipment and procedures used in the field are contributing to the collection of high-quality data and that the data is collected in the most effective way possible. This position is also responsible for the development of procedures and documentation to meet the requirements of ISO9001.
- Ensure data collection and calculations are appropriately completed and documented;
- Implement and monitor protocols establishing the appropriate procedure for correcting errors, and providing regular feedback and training to field crews regarding quality control;
- Monitor and supervise the quality of data collection procedures and help to develop, inform and implement a policy for data collection, workflow, quality control, and management;
- Coordinate with other staff to formulate and implement policies, workflow, and protocols to monitor the quality and integrity of the data entry and collection procedures;
- Contributes to the design and maintenance of training materials, when necessary;
- Provide data in a format suitable for drafting or product finalization;
- Maintain databases and spreadsheets as part of data management and traceability;
- Monitor new innovations and technology and make purchasing recommendations for technical equipment and software;
- Communicate with Field Crew and/or Project Manager to verify information;
- Maintain familiarity with current survey & checking techniques, as well as maintain current knowledge of legislation and codes and suggested updates to quality control checklists as needed;
- Other duties are required.
- Diploma in Geomatics Technology, OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Working knowledge of Trimble hardware and software suites.
- Familiarity with a wide variety of survey practices.
- Proficiency with the operation and best practice usages of GNSS systems and conventional survey instruments.
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software issues in person and remotely.
- Familiarity with requirements for oil and gas, construction, and municipal surveys.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD or MicroSurvey.
- Experience with well site, pipeline, construction, and municipal surveys.
- Active participation in Caltech Survey Ltd.’s health and safety program.
- Strong commitment to excellence, attention to detail and time management.
- An understanding of the requirements for plan submissions to Provincial and Federal Regulatory bodies.
Caltech Surveys is an equal opportunity employer with a proven history of growth and opportunity in a fast-paced yet flexible work environment. We offer a competitive wage and a robust benefits plan. We’ll look after you and you’ll help us continue to be an industry leader with our “find a way” commitment to serving the petroleum industry throughout Western Canada.
Please click HERE to apply for this position.
We thank all applicants, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.