Caltech Surveys is currently looking for a Production Manager to join our team in our Calgary office.
The Production Manager is responsible for managing the distribution of production work to a team of CAD technologists, Geomatics Technologists and Technicians responsible for the development, preparation and checking of survey drawings including well sites, subdivisions, pipelines, individual ownership and crossing plans. The Production Manager will lead the direction of the drafting and work as part of a team to confirm that all data collected is organized and formatted to company standards. In addition to managing work assignments, prioritizing tasks and ensuring top quality of work, the Production Manager will be expected to assist in mentoring CAD Technologists and plan checkers, ensure cross-training and structure an efficient and cohesive CAD and checking team.
Responsibilities / Job Duties:
- Provide support of in-house and off-site CAD technicians technologists and plan checkers
- Ensure drafting and checking standards, procedures, checklists are complete, find and implement new efficiencies
- Distribute the work to ensure minimal non-chargeable time for all checking and drafting staff
- Assign tasks and monitor team output to ensure timelines are met
- Manage deadlines and prioritize jobs
- Provide mentorship, guidance, leadership, motivation and training to staff
- Distribute work equitably and maintain high quality standards
- Provide team support in cases of staff absence or excess workload
- Develop and prepare survey drawings
- Organize and prioritize field returns daily
- Perform QA/QC checks to validate correctness and completeness of field data
- Compile and format data for as-built deliverables
- Actively promote a rewarding, challenging and supportive work environment for team members
- Maintain 15% Chargeability (based on 40 hours per week)
- Other duties are required
- Completion of a CAD/Geomatics Technology diploma or degree program and/ OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in plan preparation.
- Strong knowledge of AutoCAD, Microsurvey, Civil 3D, ArcGIS, GPS processing software
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new technology including in-house applications.
- Strong attention to detail; ability to ensure drawings conform to specifications.
- Motivated to develop and improve upon strong organizational and drafting techniques.
- Ability to read and interpret information from survey plans, maps, field notes, and typical job set-up search results.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements of upstream oil and gas related survey work.
- Ability to effectively transition survey and plan information into digital and/or paper survey plans and as-built deliverables;
- A leadership track record that demonstrates skill in establishing effective relationships with team members, promoting quality, trust and confidence;
- Comfortable with the use of technology to improve processes;
- Active participation in Caltech Survey Ltd.’s health and safety program;
- Have the ability to identify and set priorities and possess effective time management skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong commitment to excellence, customer service and professional development.
- Familiarity with pipeline project CAD products such as construction survey plans & as-built data.
- Experience with midstream technology and software.
- Oil and Gas Survey field experience.
Conditions of Employment:
Provide copy of acceptable educational credentials, or demonstrate equivalent experience.
Demonstrate a minimum of 5 years’ experience in plan preparation.
Participate in training on technology and methodology, leadership and business planning.
Obtain and maintain valid essential certifications.
Caltech Surveys has a proven history of growth and opportunity in a fast paced yet flexible work environment. We offer a competitive wage and fully paid benefit plan. We’ll look after you and you’ll help us continue to be an industry leader with our “find a way” commitment to serving the petroleum industry throughout Alberta. Join our team!
Click HERE to apply for this position.
Thank you to everyone who applies but only candidates selected for interviews will be notified.