Caltech Surveys Ltd. is looking to add a Plan Checker to our Regina office. The successful candidate would be a part of a team that is responsible for the quality assurance and quality control of the Survey Plans received from the CAD department. The Plan Checker verifies that the Plans conform to Caltech standards, provincial and municipal regulations, industry licensing requirements and Land Titles registration requirements, are correct and meet the survey requirements as set out in the applicable provincial land surveying Manual of Standard Practice and the Surveys Act. In addition, they need to verify that Plans have all the required information on them in order to meet client needs/requests.
This position may be required to work on plans for multiple provinces, including Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia. Experience in these provinces is not required, but would be considered an asset.
- Ensure overall quality assurance and quality control
- Review Plans for completeness and accuracy using Caltech and industry standards of practice including applicable provincial land surveying Manual of Standard Practice and industry licensing requirements
- Ensure that Plans have all client requested information included on them
- Conduct calculations and closures to ensure that Plan numerical information is correct and that they are based on the correct governing evidence assessment
- Note errors and omissions on the Plans and suggest modifications
- Process survey data and ensure proper surveying procedures were carried out
- Review titles and all title documents; check with appropriate land titles and/or crown Public Land Standing Report
- Ensure all codes/legislation are adhered to
- Complete the Plan Checker Checklist
- Maintain familiarity with current survey and checking techniques
- Diploma in Geomatics Technology, or equivalent
- Experience with well site and pipeline surveys for the oil and gas industry (experience in multiple provinces would be an asset)
- Familiarity with pipeline project CAD products such as construction survey plans and as-built data would be an asset
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsurvey co-ordinate calculation software
- An understanding of the requirements for plan submissions to ISC
- Proven communication and organizational skills
Please email your resume, in confidence, to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.