Caltech Surveys is looking to add a GIS Technician to our Calgary, AB office. The successful candidate is responsible for mapping and GIS related tasks including the management, analysis, (appropriate) manipulation and presentation of GIS data and mapping.
Other responsibilities include supporting Project Managers and ensuring data meets quality control specifications. We are looking for a team member to assist in the production of mapping products to help facilitate an array of projects including well sites and pipelines, utility and infrastructure, and land development.
- Spatial data management, analysis, reporting and presentation of GIS data and mapping products;
- Manage, translate, and maintain complex survey/geographic digital data sets;
- Edit and structure survey data for submission to GIS databases;
- Communicate with Field Crew and / or Project Manager to verify information;
- Other duties are required.
- College technical diploma or a degree in GIS or mapping.
- Strong working knowledge and experience with ArcGIS.
- Experience with AutoCAD, ArcGIS model builder, and FME.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong knowledge of map production and automation.
- Strong cartographic skills and attention to detail.
- Active participation in Caltech Survey health and safety program.
- Strong commitment to excellence, attention to detail and time management.
Caltech Surveys provides competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package.
Click HERE to apply for this position.