Are you an enthusiastic and experienced Survey Party Chief looking to become part of a vibrant land surveying company? Do you enjoy the challenge of working as part of a fast paced, client focused team?
Caltech Surveys is currently looking for field staff to add to our Fort St. John, BC team. This position will require individuals that work well in a team atmosphere, enjoy being outdoors, and have the ability to work remotely.
- Manage and perform field survey work with the help of Survey Assistants
- Liaise with Project Managers to coordinate field survey work, to review and manage project budgets, timeline requirements, priorities and survey methodology
- Provide guidance, leadership and mentorship to Survey Assistants working with you
- Act as a company representative, liaising directly with client field representatives and land owners
- Prepare and communicate field notes, sketches, checklists and digital data in required formats for Project Managers, Land Surveyors and Drafting personnel
- Actively participate in and proactively support the advancement of the Caltech Surveys safety program
- Diploma in Geomatics Technology or equivalent.
- 3-5 years’ experience with legal, construction, or oil and gas related surveys.
- Working knowledge of RTK GPS and conventional survey methods.
- A keen attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- A positive attitude and a desire to exceed client expectations.
- Willingness to work outdoors and travel if required. Comfortable with staying in hotels and camp, if necessary.
We thank all applicants, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. This is not a fly-in/fly-out role, so all local applicants will be given preference.
Caltech Surveys is an equal opportunity employer with a proven history of growth and opportunity in a fast paced yet flexible work environment. We offer a competitive wage and robust benefit plan. We’ll look after you and you’ll help us continue to be an industry leader with our “find a way” commitment to serving the petroleum industry throughout Western Canada.
Please click HERE to apply for this position.
We thank all applicants, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.