Caltech Surveys is a vibrant company that has been operating in Western Canada since 1990 servicing the Oil and Gas industry. Part of our business involves ensuring that our client’s needs are covered through the creation and submission of digital survey plans.
We are currently seeking an individual to fill the role of a CAD Technician in our Fort St. John office that will complement our team and be able to contribute to our forward vision.
- Assist in developing and preparing survey drawings including well sites, pipelines, subdivisions, individual ownership and crossing plans
- Interpret field notes, sketches, legal plans, air photos and digital data
- Prepare and submit plans to the Land Titles Office and Sustainable Resource Development
- Assist in general mapping and drafting duties including CAD
- Ensure drafting standards, procedures, overall data quality and integrity
- Participate in the health and safety program
Qualifications that would be an asset include:
- 2-5 years’ experience drafting
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3-D
- Experience with processing survey data (Trimble preferably)
- Experience with BC tenure research (MyLTSA, GATOR, ILRR, etc.) is an asset, but not required
- Prior field experience would be an asset but not required
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Have the ability to identify and set priorities and possess effective time management skills
Caltech Surveys is an equal opportunity employer with a proven history of growth and opportunity in a fast paced yet flexible work environment. We offer a competitive wage and robust benefit plan. We’ll look after you and you’ll help us continue to be an industry leader with our “find a way” commitment to serving the petroleum industry throughout Western Canada.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
We thank all applicants, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.