Caltech Surveys is a vibrant company that has been operating in Western Canada since 1990 servicing the Oil and Gas industry. Part of our business is to ensure our clients meet the regulatory requirements for digital and paper survey plans. These plans are created from field data using the latest data collection and CAD technologies.
Caltech Surveys is currently seeking an individual to fill the role of a CAD Technician in our Fort St. John office. This position will complement our team and be able to contribute to our forward vision.
- Assist in developing and preparing survey drawings including wellsites, subdivisions, pipelines, individual ownership and crossing plans
- Interpret field notes, sketches, legal plans, air photos and digital data
- Prepare plans to be submitted to the Land Registry Office
- Assist in general mapping and drafting duties including CAD mapping
- Ensure drafting standards, procedures, overall data quality and integrity are met
- Participate in the health and safety program
Qualifications that would be an asset include:
- 2-5 years experience drafting or mapping BC legal plans, and oil and gas plans
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3-D and Microsurvey co-ordinate calculation software
- Experience with BCOGC would be an asset
- Experience with processing survey data (Trimble preferably)
- Prior field experience would be an asset but not required
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Have the ability to identify and set priorities and possess effective time management skills
Caltech Surveys is an equal opportunity employer with a proven history of growth and opportunity in a fast paced yet flexible work environment. We offer a competitive wage and benefit plan. We’ll look after you and you’ll help us continue to be an industry leader with our “find a way” commitment to serving the petroleum industry throughout Western Canada.
Please click HERE to apply for this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.