Caltech is a professional land surveying firm providing services to clients in Western Canada for over 25 years. With office locations in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba, we offer a friendly, challenging and rewarding work environment, along with the opportunity to use the latest technologies on a wide variety of projects.
We have an immediate opening for a Business Development Manager in our Calgary office.
The ideal candidate will work as part of the Business Development team to manage the development and implementation of Caltech’s Business Development strategy and related activities. The team is also responsible for the establishment of organizational policies and procedures in relation to sales, strategic planning related products and services, building relationships with prospective clients, managing existing client relationships, and managing negotiations of sales contracts.
- In conjunction with the President and other Business Development Managers, create annual sales/growth targets and develop a comprehensive Business Development plan and supporting marketing strategies, including applicable measurements of success
- Liaise with and assist Operations and Project Managers with managing existing client relationships
- Develop new client relationships
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information
- Identify, research and develop new business opportunities
- Liaise with the Marketing Manager and play an active role in planning, conducting and reporting marketing activities, including cold calls, meetings, networking and attendance of industry related conferences, trade shows, meetings and social events
- Submit activity and results reports to the President
- Resolve client complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports and making recommendations
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in industry events and programs
- Promote Caltech’s vision, mission and values
- Align work with Caltech’s Strategic Plan
- Post-secondary degree in Engineering, Geomatics, Business Administration or Marketing; or equivalent combination of education and industry experience (secondary education and 5+ years’ experience in a similar position in the oil and gas industry)
- Proven ability to close sales
- Results motivated
- Proven ability to build collaborative internal and external relationships
- Strong leadership qualities, including the ability to influence others
- Strong organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal
- A strong desire to excel in a team environment
- Thorough knowledge of oil and gas activity within Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and BC
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and CRM software
What We Offer
Caltech Surveys offers a friendly, challenging and rewarding work environment, along with the opportunity to the latest technologies on a wide variety of projects. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please click HERE to apply for this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.