Caltech Surveys is a professional land surveying company providing services in the oil & gas industry for over 25 years. With offices stretched across Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia, our experienced staff provide exceptional service, guiding our clients through projects from the planning to construction stages.
We are looking for a Commissioned Land Surveyor to join our team in our Fort St. John office. This individual will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination and control of land surveying services related to specific projects, ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals, as well as following provincial and national legislation.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Working in a team environment to establish project scope, budget and schedule
- Overseeing the development of survey plans, methods and procedures for conducting land surveys
- Leading survey crews on projects; communicating project plan and schedule information
- Managing project resource allocation
- Ensuring timely and accurate invoicing
- Ensuring the quality assurance and quality control of all products and deliverables
- Providing direction and support to the project team
- Developing strong client relationships
- Other duties as assigned
- 5 – 10 years’ experience (minimum 5 years)
- Registered as a Professional BC Land Surveyor
- Bachelor’s degree in geomatics engineering or survey engineering; or a college diploma in survey science or geomatics technology
- Must be knowledgeable in the statutes, regulations, and practices of the Land Surveyors Act and Land Title Act, Local Government Act, Land Act and Land Survey Act
- Strong business presence – excellent work ethic, flexibility, resourcefulness, maturity and good judgement
- Good communication skills (interpersonal and written)
- Strong mathematical and computer operating skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
What We Offer
Caltech Surveys offers a friendly, challenging and rewarding work environment, along with the opportunity to the latest technologies on a wide variety of projects. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please send your cover letter and resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.